Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Westshore Crawl

Ryan and I sort of fell into this very granola existence that has progressively transitioned more and more into a simplistic lifestyle.  For starters, I live so close to the school that I work at that I walk to work everyday, just after I stroll Jona over to daycare that is next door to my school.  We also walk to shop at the Farmer's Market down Westshore, frequent our favorite establishments just outside the entrance of our neighborhood and have 3 grocery stores and a Walmart within a two mile radius from our home.  The convenience of South Tampa!  

Ryan and I both sort of grew up where you had to drive everywhere.  I grew up in a very rural area of N. Florida and we had one grocery store my entire childhood up until I left for college.  Ryan, on the other hand, grew up in Tampa.  Its more spaced out area that requires a little driving so, not quite a bumpkin as my experience! 

Of course convenience comes with drawbacks.  I'd be surprised to find a livable 3/2 home with a garage for under $350,000 in the area.   At times, the layout of house drives me nuts!  There is no storage in our house.  The closets are tiny, the bathrooms are TINY and I know at some point we will out grow this sweet little house. Someday we will leave our little S. Tampa niche but I want to forget what happy little existence we have here :)  We have had so much fun down here in S. Tampa. 

We try to take our dogs to the track as often as possible to burn off some energy.  It's pretty much our neighborhood dog park.   What a good daddy checking on his baby girl :)

 At last, they are pooped after bolting around the track.  Maniacs!!

 Jona, Ryan and I grabbing a slice of pizza at Westshore Pizza... best white tomato pizza ever!!

 Mommy & baby :) 

Family outing with JP & Carolina trying out Brew Burgers.. yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment